Monday, November 3, 2008

My New Google Android G1 Phone

I just got the Android G1 phone from EBay, and the phone looks awesome. At the beginning, I opened the back cover with caution, and now I can open the back cover very quickly.

After begging for an activated TMobile SIM from one of my collegues, I was able to set up my G1 phone. After setting up the phone, I replaced the SIM with the unactivated TMobile SIM card coming with the phone, and I was able to use the Wi-Fi connection. So far, I only experienced G1 applications using Wi-Fi connections.

The browser on G1 is really amazing, and it renders a lot of pages that can't be loaded into the browser that is built into the BlackBerry.

There are several issues that concerns me:

  • I got a Bronze one and it is a little bit difficult to see the letter once the bakc light is on. So far, this is ok for me.

  • the GPS is not working very well. It is not very acurate and sometimes, it doesn't work

  • I can't manage to install G1 applications from Android Market. This really bothers me, because I am eager to try those applications.

  • ...


UPDATE: I was able to install G1 application from Android Market using Wi-Fi. I guess during the time when I tested, the network is not quite stable.

No comments: